Population Foundation of India (PFI), with support from DFID, produced a multimedia entertainment education TV serial called “Main Kuch Bhi Kar Sakti Hoon” with women’s empowerment as its central theme.
To complement and extend the messaging of the TV serial, New Concept was engaged in extensive outreach activities aimed towards enhancing and deepening the audiences’ engagement with key family planning issues. This was directed towards changing social norms and promoting positive behaviours on issues surrounding family planning; and was carried out through NGO partners, community-based networks and community health workers (ASHAs, ANMs) in select high priority districts of Bihar and Madhya Pradesh.
The objective of this assignment was focused towards developing a basket of interactive communication materials for the ‘outreach’ component of the overall project.
The package which was developed by making use of local platforms, community events etc., which complemented by support activities and materials; and included the following:
- Situation Cards (10)
- Comic booklet (1 each for the four issues of Preventing sex selection,Delaying age at marriage, Delaying first birth, Promoting spacing between births)
- Materials for health games for MKBKSH events (to be played on various community level platforms) along with CD
- Activities for group-based discussions along with CD
- Issue-based short films (4) developed as cutaways from the existing TV serial
- Scripts (2 scripts per issue) for skits during MKBKSH events