New Concept’s Board of Directors are committed to the promotion of equality of opportunity across our organisation.
It is our policy to provide employment equality to all, irrespective of:
- Gender, including gender reassignment
- Marital or civil partnership status
- Having or not having dependants
- Religious belief or political opinion
- Race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins)
We are opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination. All job applicants, employees and others who work for us will be treated fairly and will not be discriminated against on any of the above grounds. Decisions about recruitment and selection, promotion, training or any other benefit will be made objectively and without unlawful discrimination.
Our equal opportunities policy will help all those who work for us to develop their full potential and the talents and resources of the workforce will be utilised fully to maximise the efficiency of the organisation. We recognise that the provision of equal opportunities in the workplace is not only good management practice, but crucial to developing the creativity and collective work across our business.
We are committed to:
- Promoting equality of opportunity for all persons
- Promoting a good and harmonious working environment in which all persons are treated with respect
- Preventing occurrences of unlawful direct discrimination, indirect discrimination, harassment and victimisation
- Fulfilling all our legal obligations under the equality legislation and associated codes of practice
- Complying with our own equal opportunities policy and associated policies
- Taking lawful affirmative or positive action, where appropriate
- Regarding all breaches of equal opportunities policy as misconduct which could lead to disciplinary proceedings.
Senior management has specific responsibility for the effective implementation of this policy. Each director, manager and employee also has responsibilities and we expect all our employees to abide by the policy and help create the equality environment which is its objective.
Employees who believe that they have suffered any form of discrimination, harassment or victimisation are entitled to raise the matter through their manager, a senior manager or director. All complaints of discrimination will be dealt with seriously, promptly and confidentially.
On behalf of the Board of Directors – New Concept