The Universal Immunization Program (UIP) also called Routine Immunization (RI) is primarily implemented by government health services under the National Rural Health Mission. In Uttar Pradesh (UP), it is implemented in all 72 districts. UNICEF office for Uttar Pradesh is supporting Government of UP in RI implementation and bringing up the immunization coverage levels.
New Concept has been contracted to organize orientation and sensitization sessions for media on the topic of routine immunization, for increasing RI coverage in 15 low performing districts of the state of Uttar Pradesh, and through bringing district media together.
New Concept is engaged in the following activities:
- Carrying out pre assessment through a media monitoring exercise to identify current pattern of news coverage around RI
- Identifying key media partners at State/district level
- Developing necessary information/communication tools/media kits including invitations, curtain raisers and press releases
- Engaging and mobilizing the media to ensure their participation in the sessions
- Facilitating the sessions, including logistics
- Follow up and Monitoring
- Developing an action plan